Tea has been a part of my life ever since I was a little kid. I always used to watch my dad drink his daily mug thinking how grown up it was. I was always so sad when I would try his and hate the taste. (Only spoonfuls and spoonfuls of honey could make it better).
Since then, I have learned to love drinking tea. All of the health benefits to it are just an added bonus. I find it so relaxing to finish off the day with a hot cup of tea.
Only recently though, I have started to learn more about all of the different types of tea and how different types actually have different benefits. More importantly, I learned why tea falls into the category as a superfood.
The two types of tea that tend to have the most health benefits are black and green tea.
Personally, I find I prefer green tea, but that’s all up to your own taste and preference.
Since it IS my favorite, let’s start with the benefits of green tea.
1. Green tea has been known to decrease the risk of developing certain cancers.
2. Can help with weight loss… Personally, I think this may be more due to the fact that it makes you feel full even though it has zero calories. For me I always feel satisfied after drinking it.
3. Along with helping you feel satisfied, it has been noted that tea may help boost your metabolism and how effectively your body burns fat.
Now time for black tea
1. There are a ton of antioxidants in black tea that can help prevent major illnesses such as Parkinson’s disease
2. Can help prevent hearing loss and brain injury
3. Since it increases blood flow to your heart, the chances of having heart attacks or strokes can be reduced.
Overall, incorporating both teas into your diet can be extremely beneficial. I like to mix it up and alternating from buying green teas and black teas. (Like I said, I tend to like the green teas better, but I am always open for experimentation).
Tea in general is one of the best things you can have when it comes to detox and cleansing. I don’t think anyone would disagree that you don’t feel cleansed finishing off a healthy dinner and drinking some tea.
What’s pretty cool is you don’t have to just drink it straight to receive all of these benefits. I love incorporating it into my breakfast such as with the Banana’s Foster oatmeal and the Detox Chia Fluff.
Tea is extremely accessible, and generally not very expensive. Plus it’s extremely easy to make. I would highly recommend buying a variety pack and just trying out different types. You may be surprised at what you like!