Today we’re focusing on something many of you probably have never heard of before. Or maybe you have heard of it, you just have never tried it before.
Today it’s all about kombucha.
So what is this? Basically, it’s fermented tea. It is known as the Immortal Health Elixir by the Chinese. Now, there is still a ton of research behind going into figuring out if it really is, but from my experience, I always ALWAYS feel better after drinking it.
The main health benefits are as followed
1. It is said to aid in cancer prevention. This is one of the points that isn’t completely proven.
2. It detoxes your system. This point I personally strongly agree with. Yes, there are reasons behind the whys and hows, but like I said before, whenever I drink it, I feel cleansed. If you are curious though, it contains specific bacteria and acids that help your pancreas work better. It also in a way “soothes” your liver.
3. Since it is a probiotic drink, it helps your digestive system run smoother
4. It is known to reduce anxiety and depression
5. It can boost your immune system. This is possible due to the fact it is extremely rich in antioxidants. I will also include the fact that a few days ago I could feel a really really bad cold coming on. I made sure to drink this everyday, and I feel completely fine now. I won’t say that I’m 100% sure this is the reason for that, but I definitely noticed a huge difference.
I will warn you though, kombucha looks really weird. There are like little particles at the bottom, but don’t worry, those are supposed to be there, it’s just a result of the fermentation process.
There are a lot of different flavors, and at first the sensation of drinking it is weird, but you get used to it quite quickly.
This is my personal favorite flavor of the moment
I actually meant to take a picture while it was full… oops 🙂
I have also tried this flavor
It is good, but I like the first better.
You can get kombucha from the organic section of your grocery store. It’s between 3 and 4 dollars for a bottle of it.
I have also heard of people making it at home, but I have no idea how you’re supposed to do that. I’d personally rather just buy it… for now 🙂
Question: Have you ever tried kombucha? If so, what’s your favorite flavor?