If you have heard of Popeye, you probably already know spinach is a superfood.
But do you know why?
I feel like spinach is one of those foods we have all known about our whole lives, but when it comes to actually using it, few of us know its true potentials.
That’s why today I’m going to inform you on some of them 🙂
1. Since it’s high in fiber, it helps your digestive system run more smoothly. It’s also more filling than regular lettuce, which helps with weight loss.
2. Spinach is abundant in flavonoids. What do these do? They help prevent certain cancers (such as prostate, stomach, and skin cancer).
3. It is full of antioxidants, which can help prevent hypertension and even osteoporosis
4. The high presence of vitamin A can actually help to reduce acne and the formation of wrinkles
5. Finally, the vitamin K improves brain function and overall central nervous system functions.
I don’t know about you, but with benefits like these, I see no reason to eat spinach everyday!
Actually, I do haha. Mainly in the form of green smoothies. You can’t even taste it! I promise 🙂
One note about spinach I do want to make has to do with when you cook it. It cooks down soooooooooooooo much. You could literally cook an entire bag and be left with only a small amount. It’s crazy, so if you are adding it to a cooked dish, add it as late into the cooking process as you can.
Evidently, Popeye was definitely smart to consume a lot of this power food 🙂