Again, I’m back to the fall flavors. Maybe it doesn’t have anything to do with the fall. Maybe it’s just because they’re just so darn good!
Two flavors that I feel really haven’t experimented with enough are caramel, and apples.
Lucky me that they go amazing together 🙂
Especially in this ice cream!
You are going to need:
1. 10 dates (soaked for a few hours if you don’t have a high quality blender)
2. 1 chopped up apple
3. 1/4 cup cashews (soaked for a few hours if you don’t have a high quality blender)
4. 1 tbsp maple syrup (or to taste for sweetness)
5. cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and vanilla to taste
6. 1 cup almond milk (or any other milk… the thicker the creamier)
7. 1/2 tsp guar gum (optional- makes a lot creamier)
8. 1/8 tsp xanthan gum (optional- makes a lot thicker)
Start off by blending your dates, cashews, and apple.
When they’re completely combined, add your spices, and maple syrup
Then add in your almond milk, xanthan gum, and guar gum. Blend until completely combined
Transfer into an ice cube tray, and freeze until hard (overnight preferably).
When frozen, place the cubes back into your blender, and blend until the texture of ice cream.
I used a vitamix for this, if you don’t have as high quality of a blender, it may not be the exact texture of ice cream, but it’ll still be good.
Scoop, and enjoy!
It is honestly amazing how much this tastes like caramel apple. Both my parents were shocked when I told them what the secret ingredients were 🙂
Question: What’s your favorite way to use apples? Caramel?