If any of you have read through recipe blogs before, you probably have seen something made in an almost empty peanut butter jar.
I have been wanting to do this for the longest time. Only problem is, whenever I’m almost out of a jar of peanut butter, I always forget. The result? Most of the time I throw it out.
Not this time though! This time I remembered 🙂
I say this is an overnight recipe, but honestly it doesn’t need to sit at all. It has the exact same texture though if it were to sit overnight. The secret? Sweet potatoes!
You are going to need
1. 1 cooked and peeled sweet potato (about 5 inches in diameter)
2. 1/2-3/4 cups of already cooked quinoa
4. 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
5. sweetener to taste
6. 1 to 2 tbsp cocoa powder (depending on how chocolatey you want it)
7. a pinch of nutmeg, mint, and salt
9. an almost empty jar of any nut butter
Mash all of the ingredients together. It should all end up being one pretty uniform texture.
Place into your jar
and microwave for a minute if you want the peanut butter to melt a bit.
That’s it! It’s super portable, and full of nutrients. Perfect for an on the go breakfast or snack.
Question: What’s your favorite secret ingredient to use?