When looking through overnight oats recipes online, I noticed one thing.
Almost every single one contains chia seeds!
Now, chia seeds are indeed a superfood, but they don’t fit into everyones’ weekly budget. Including mine.
I decided that I needed to come up with a recipe really taking into account cost without sacrificing that overnight oat texture.
The outcome? This!
You are going to need
1. 1/2 cup old fashioned oat
2. 1/3 cup milk of choice (I used coconut almond milk)
3. 2 tbsp greek yogurt (any flavor)
4. 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
5. 1 tsp maple syrup or honey
6. 1/4 tsp cinnamon
7. 1 banana sliced
8. 1/4 cup mixed nuts (I used almonds peanuts and walnuts)
Mix together the milk, yogurt, flax seeds, cinnamon, maple syrup, and oats. Set into the fridge to thicken either for a few hours or overnight (preferably).
Add in the banana and nuts.