Okay, I cannot wait any longer to share this recipe with you guys!!! It is honestly one of the best… okay if not THE best healthy treats I have ever ever made and HAD before.
Originally, I thought it was going to taste like a peanut butter cup but with almond butter. It ended up tasting identical to an almond joy except better. I love almond joys, but I hate how there is one big almond in the middle. This recipe solves that dilemma 🙂
I got this recipe from Oh She Glows. I plan on trying a variation to make it like a peanut butter cup once these are done… which will be soon.
You are going to need
1. 3/4 cup raw almonds, ground into a meal
2. 1/4 cup rolled oats, ground into a flour
3. 2 tablespoons raw almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
4. 1.5 tablespoons coconut oil, warmed if necessary
5. 1.5 tablespoons pure maple syrup (or agave nectar)
6. 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
7. 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
8. pinch of fine grain sea salt, to taste
(for the chocolate)
9. 3 tablespoons coconut oil
10. 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup (or 2 tbsp agave nectar)
11. 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
12. pinch of fine grain sea salt, to taste
I’m going to explain how to make this as simple as it is.
Mix the first 8 ingredients
Mix 9-12 in a separate bowl
Press the first mixture (2 tsps each) into a mini muffin pan
Top with the chocolate topping (about 1 tsp each)
Finish it off with coconut if desired (HIGHLY recommended)
Freeze, and enjoy!
Seriously, if you love almond joys or mounds bars, try these. They’re so much better for you and taste better too.
Reeses recipe coming soon 🙂